Sunday, September 6, 2009

September nights

In the summer, days seem important... what'd you do for lunch? which beach did you go to?
As the summer sun packs her bags for Bali and the chill seeps up from the ground, creating fog in pastures to be seen in the mornings on the way to work, night time activities become a main focus. Mostly because, unlike in the summer, work takes up all my days. Now it's all: which dance class did I go to tonight? What should I make for dinner tonight? Which boardgame, knitting project, book should I bust out tonight? I have stocked up on books and knitting projects, like I'm expecting not to make it out of the house for 8 months. Dear Mary, Gaia and Tara, another 10 months until summer again!!! I feel myself slowly going into conservation mode. Whereas summer is a free flowing, energetic time, one must take precautions for the Artic Winter. She is a tough master- dark, cynical, persistent, demanding. Inspiration doesn't flow in through sun soaked skin, one must rumage through internal organs and corners of the psyche. I find myself thinking thoughts like, this time she will not break my spirit. I'm dreaming of erotic places and interests like Harems and silver lanterns in Istanbul and Buddhist retreats and chimes in Nepal, Printed cloth and white beaches in West Africa.
Light a candle and step out into the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment